Corpus Christi Train Accidents Lawyers
The level of pain and devastation a train accident can cause is unimaginable for those of us who have not experienced it. If you were the victim of a train accident, you understand firsthand how tough it can be to recover and move forward. A qualified Corpus Christi train accident lawyer at Brunkenhoefer, P.C. Injury Attorneys can fight for you after a train accident and help you seek the compensation you may need in order to make a full recovery.
We are a personal injury law firm dedicated to protecting the legal rights of Texans injured in serious accidents. For the past 45 years, we have worked for members of our community who need help obtaining the compensation they deserve. Blake Brunkenhoefer is AV-Rated by Martindale Hubble, has been a member of Super Lawers since 2011 and has been included in The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers distinction. After a train accident, hiring an attorney may be the last thing on your mind, but may be entitled to damages. Contact our firm for a free case evaluation by calling (361) 888-8808 or sending us an email as soon as possible.
Do I Need a Train Accident Lawyer?
Train accidents are complex cases because they typically involve far more damage than the average personal injury incident. In addition, establishing fault in a train accident can prove more complicated than proving negligence in a car accident. The reasons you may choose to hire an attorney include:
- Paperwork and deadlines: Every lawsuit requires some level of paperwork and the ability to meet important court-mandated deadlines. A personal injury lawyer can help you with this process and make sure you have everything filed that you need to move forward with your case.
- Expert testimony: Train accidents are not as common as other vehicular accidents. As such, they often require expert testimony from a professional who knows more about the accident than the average judge or juror. Train accident attorneys have access to experts who can testify on your behalf.
- Access to records: The official police report, video footage, and witness statements are all important assets to your claim. These records help determine negligence on the part of the train operator and can build a strong foundation for your case.
- Negotiations with other officials: If you are pursuing a settlement, you will want an attorney who can get you the best deal possible during negotiations. Railway companies are not interested in getting you the money you need, but a compassionate train accident lawyer will be.
- Trial advocacy: Some train accident cases must go all the way to trial in order to achieve results. Personal injury lawyers have the training and legal knowledge to advocate for your case in court.
After an accident, you may be tempted to assume that an attorney is an unnecessary expense, but that could not be further from the truth. An experienced lawyer can make a difference in your case by ensuring you receive the damages you deserve following a train accident.
Why Should I Choose Brunkenhoefer, P.C. Injury Attorneys to Represent Me?
If you are anywhere in Texas, you have your pick of talented personal injury lawyers. It can be difficult to decide who should represent you when you are in an accident because there is so much on the line for you. Your choice of train accident attorney can mean the difference between struggling and recovering. Here are a few reasons we think Brunkenhoefer, P.C. Injury Attorneys could be the right choice for your case:
- Decades of experience: Our attorneys have nearly eight decades of combined experience. This level of dedication and commitment to the Corpus Christi community is tough to beat.
- “Sincere, principled, driven”: These are just a few of the adjectives that our clients use to define us. Our attorneys are tough on your opponents, but we show our clients the highest level of compassion, kindness, and respect.
- Super Lawyers, a Thompson Reuter’s Service: Blake Brunkenhoefer has been included on the official Texas Super Lawyers, a Thompson Reuter’s Service list from 2011 to 2017 and has the highest rating possible in the Martindale-Hubbell peer review system.
Our Corpus Christi personal injury lawyers are nationally recognized and have the resources and experience necessary to take on complex cases. Do not trust your train accident case to someone who is unqualified to help you obtain the results you need. Contact our firm today by calling (361) 888-8808.
Common Causes of Train Accidents
In order to receive compensation for your train accident, it will be necessary to prove that the railway company or train operator caused your injuries. Proving negligence is the most important aspect of any personal injury case, and the level of the carelessness of the railroad company will affect the amount of damages you can recover. Train accidents occur for a number of reasons, but some of the most common reasons for accidents include the following:
- Mechanical issues: When a necessary mechanical aspect of the train is broken or defective, the results can be disastrous. If an issue with a train part, such as the brakes or wheels, caused the train to derail, the railroad company could be held liable for any subsequent injuries.
- Inadequate maintenance: It is the responsibility of the railroad company to ensure their trains are properly maintained and running smoothly. You can hold companies accountable for their negligence if they fail to meet relevant safety standards.
- Track defects: When an accident is caused by a defective track, the company or government entity who owns the track could be responsible for your injury. It is best to act fast if a track defect caused your injury, because you may have only a limited amount of time to contact the railroad owner.
- Conductor negligence: Train operators have a responsibility to the public, and they must remain alert and attentive while on duty. If it comes to light that a reckless conductor caused your accident, you could be entitled to damages.
- Lack of signs: Both the railway companies and government are responsible for providing adequate signage to prevent accidents. If your accident was caused by a lack of signs or safety notifications, you might not be at fault.
When conductors, railroad companies, and government entities fail to ensure the safety of the public, they should be held accountable for the consequences of their actions. Contact a knowledgeable train accident attorney to fight back against the common culprits of train accidents.
How Much will a Train Accident Lawsuit Cost Me?
At Brunkenhoefer, P.C. Injury Attorneys, we have a simple and easy-to-follow philosophy. If we do not obtain compensation for you and your case, you do not owe our firm any money. We believe our primary value to clients is results, so you will not owe us a penny unless we win. Client satisfaction is our number one priority, so contact our firm today for your free initial consultation. Call us at (361) 888-8808 or send us an email. We are happy to answer further questions you have or help you get started on the road to financial recovery.
Train Accident Statistics
Most people assume they will never be affected by a train accident because they believe that collisions and derailments are not especially common. In fact, train accidents affect thousands of Americans every year and leave countless individuals with injuries. For a closer look at train accidents by the numbers, visit the Federal Railroad Administration website, where they list these statistics for 2015:
- 248 train accidents in Texas
- Texas accounted for 12.8% of all accidents
- 1,931 train accidents across the country
- 56 fatalities in Texas caused by train accidents
- 751 fatalities in America caused by train accidents
- 450 injuries in Texas caused by train accidents
- 9,127 injuries in America caused by train accidents
These numbers are painful, and they take a financial and emotional toll on the state and country at large. If you or someone you love was seriously injured or killed because of a train accident, it may feel as if you are completely alone in your experience. Unfortunately, thousands of people across the country are in the same terrible position. You do not deserve to suffer for an accident you did not cause. Contact an attorney as soon as possible to learn more about how a lawsuit could provide the monetary damages you need to move forward after a train accident.
Contact a Corpus Christi Personal Injury Lawyer
Train accidents are painful and unexpected events. The attorneys at Brunkenhoefer, P.C. Injury Attorneys have spent decades representing individuals in Corpus Christi and across the country. We understand the pain and overwhelming devastation a train accident can bring, and we want to help you move forward. To discuss your legal options, contact our Corpus Christi office by calling (361) 888-8808 or sending us an email. Remember, there are no fees unless we provide results. Call us today to set up a free initial consultation and get started with your case.