Corpus Christi Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Were you hurt in a motorcycle accident? If so, the Corpus Christi motorcycle lawyers of Brunkenhoefer, P.C. Injury Attorneys are ready to stand up for you.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, 496 motorcyclists were killed on our roads in 2016. Motorcycles are becoming a more and more popular form of transportation, but few other drivers seem to understand the laws in place to keep motorcyclists safe. Many motorcyclists would attest to the fact that other vehicle operators often fail to respect them on the road. When other drivers fail to check their blind spots, drive recklessly, or neglect road safety, they can cause terrible accidents. These accidents can be particularly dangerous for motorcyclists since they have fewer protections than car and truck operators.
Victims of motorcycle accidents caused by another party often find themselves facing extreme financial distress. They have to pay high hospital bills and can lose wages from recovery time taken off work as well as face extreme emotional and physical distress. Thankfully, motorcyclists injured because of someone else’s mistake do have legal options. Our team of skilled Corpus Christi motorcycle accident lawyers at Brunkenhoefer, P.C. Injury Attorneys can help you recover the damages you deserve.
Accident Statistics for Texas
Motorcycles are harder to spot on the road than cars and many drivers tend to pay less attention to the smaller vehicles. What makes motorcycle accidents more dangerous is the fact that a motorcyclist has few of the same protections that a car offers to drivers. This is true on several fronts:
- Motorcycles lack a frame: in most cases, a motorcyclist involved in an accident will be thrown from their vehicle. When drivers are thrown from their vehicles, the chances of a serious injury or death increase.
- Motorcycles don’t have airbags: in many vehicles, it is the airbags that often save the lives of the occupants. This safety measure stops a front-seat occupant from colliding with the windshield or flying out of the car.
- Motorcyclists don’t use seat belts: this is another method through which the occupant of a vehicle would avoid being ejected during an accident.
Due to the lack of safety features, motorcycle accidents are considered more dangerous than car accidents because they tend to be fatal more often and cause more serious injuries. Similarly to pedestrian and bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents involving more than one vehicle are, more often than not, immediately considered to be the fault of the larger vehicle. Here are the current facts surrounding motorcycle accidents:
- Crashes involving a motorcycle and another vehicle account for 56 percent of fatal motorcycle accidents.
- In around 75 percent of these accidents, the motorcyclist was hit in the front. In only 5 percent of accidents are motorcyclists struck from behind.
- In 42 percent of cases where a motorcycle was struck by a car, that car was turning left.
In cases where another motorist did not cause the accident, motorcyclists end up making the same mistakes as most other drivers: drinking and driving, trying to use technology or eat while driving, or even falling victim to issues with the road itself. Twenty-five percent of motorcycle deaths are caused when a motorcyclist runs into a non-moving object. This is higher than the percentage of car accident fatalities, 18 percent, that are caused by the same problem.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
There are many dangers for motorcyclists on the road. Other drivers, negligent road work engineers, even irresponsible motorcycle manufacturers can all cause devastating accidents that leave you severely injured. Often, there may be more than one root cause of an accident, which is why it’s worth it to hire an experienced attorney when trying to determine fault. There are many ways in which someone can cause or be involved in a motorcycle accident, and a few common causes include:
- Drunk driving
- Poor signage at road work sites
- Reckless driving
- Potholes or other dangerous road conditions
- Negligent driving (not checking blind spots, etc.)
- Defective parts
- Improper vehicle construction
- Faulty safety gear (broken helmet straps, etc.)
As you can see, a vast variety of people, businesses, and organizations could possibly share responsibility for your accident. A single person could bear most of the blame—a negligent driver, for instance, might simply swerve into your lane or a company might also cause an accident by building faulty vehicle parts that result in a malfunction while you’re on the road. We are ready and willing to take on both.
Why you should choose Brunkenhoefer, P.C. Injury Attorneys
We understand that you have many choices of attorney after you’ve been injured in an accident. It can be difficult to determine who exactly you should go with, but there are a few basic questions you should ask during your search:
- How many years has the firm been active and, more importantly, how many years has each attorney been practicing? What are some specific awards each attorney has received?
- What is the law firm’s record of success? Do they have many success stories? How much, on average, do their clients receive when choosing them?
- What are some notable reviews for them? Do their clients leave satisfied, happy responses, or not?
Of course, there are many more qualifications than just these, and while we meet, if not exceed, many of these expectations, we also pride ourselves on our welcoming offices; our quality, round-the-clock services; and our desire to go up against large corporations and insurance companies time and time again. Here are some of the ways we work that we are proud of:
- You will always work directly with your attorney. We know that this makes us more personable and means we can deal with your unique case in a way that works just for you.
- With a title like “trial attorney”, you know that your case will be taken all the way to trial if it has to. If a company or insurance provider refuses to pay you what you are due, we will make sure they pay for it in court.
- We require no fees unless your case is won. We want to be absolutely sure that your care comes first, so we don’t ask that you pay up front, ever.
- Not only are we on call every day, at every hour, we are also available nationwide. Though we are based in Corpus Christi, we have handled cases all through Texas and the country.
- We have won multi-million dollar settlements for our past clients. Our record speaks for itself.
For more information about our firm or your case, don’t hesitate to call at (361) 888-8808. Someone will be available to assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions
We generally prefer to answer your questions in a consultation or phone call, but in the chaos of a motorcycle accident, it can be reassuring to have some immediate answers. Time and time again, our clients ask us these questions, and yours might be the same.
How much is my case worth?
Your case will be worth the money you lost in an accident, past and future, and your emotional turmoil. We cannot give you a specific number, because these factors are so unique from case to case, but you can obtain damages from many of the following losses:
- Money spent on medical bills
- Lost wages from your recovery period
- Loss of future wages if your injuries were bad enough to keep you from returning to work or, worse, the primary income for your household was lost due to death
- Future expenses for therapy, both emotional and physical
- Pain and suffering
For a more complete look at how the worth of your case is determined, give us a call or set up a consultation.
How long will it take for me to receive compensation?
This depends largely on the route you choose to take. Should you accept an insurance company’s first offer, then you’ll receive compensation in a matter of days. However, this choice is often not the best solution. Fighting an insurance company could take weeks, even months. A lawsuit could take years. When you’re looking to receive compensation, two main factors are at play and should be at the forefront of your mind: how much is my case worth and how long can I wait for that exact amount of return? If you’d have to wait two years to receive $10,000, is it worth it? If you’d have to wait that same two years for $1,000,000, is that worth it? You can seek the advice of one of our attorneys if you need any assistance with that decision.
Should I accept the insurance company’s offer?
In most cases, no, you should not accept the first offer. Insurance companies are for-profit businesses, first, so they will often try as hard as possible to ensure that you are not receiving as much money as you are due. If that first offer seems far below what you need or what you expected, that’s because it is not what you actually deserve. Hiring an attorney can help you reach an appropriate settlement with an insurance company, or take them to court if they’re practicing in bad faith.
Contact a Corpus Christi Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Whatever the cause of your accident, the experienced team of motorcycle accident attorneys at Brunkenhoefer, P.C. Injury Attorneys is ready to help you. We believe that you should not have to suffer from someone else’s carelessness. We want you to have justice along with the monetary recompense you need to handle the costs of the crash. Contact us today at (361) 888-8808 to discuss your accident with a skilled legal professional.