Our client, a Vietnam veteran who was working for an oilfield, environmental services company, suffered tetraplegia (incomplete quadriplegia) and serious burns when he was blown off the top of of vacuum truck. Our client was washing out the vacuum truck using a pressure washer and a halogen light that had been provided by his employer. Overspray from the pressure washer caused the hot bulb on the lamp to burst, thus igniting explosive vapors in the vacuum truck. We alleged that the employer provided the wrong equipment to safely perform the job and the vacuum truck was negligent for describing its prior cargo as nonflammable when, in fact, it was capable of producing explosive fumes. Please read more on our Workplace Injury practice page.