When someone you love dies as a result of another party’s negligent or reckless actions, it is an emotionally overwhelming experience that can take a toll on an entire family. In addition to the emotional hardships caused by this loss, you might also suffer some financial troubles as well. It is your right to file a wrongful death lawsuit to recover both economic and non-economic damages in such cases.
Non-economic damages, unlike economic damages, are less tangible, but also have the potential to have more value. You might be able to recover damages for:
- Mental anguish or pain and suffering caused by your loss
- Loss of care, guidance, advice, protection, or nurturing from the deceased
- Loss of love and companionship provided by the deceased
- Loss of consortium from a deceased spouse
Economic damages refer to the financial contributions the decedent would have made to survivors if he or she did not die. These types of damages include:
- Medical expenses relating to the death
- Funeral costs
- Loss of the decedent’s expected earnings
- Loss of benefits, such as health care, or pension plans
- Loss of an inheritance due to the untimely death
Corpus Christi Wrongful Death Attorneys
At Brunkenhoefer, P.C., we have represented many clients who are surviving family members of loved ones who lost their lives in an accident caused by a negligent or reckless act. No amount of money will be able to bring your loved one back, but filing a wrongful death lawsuit is about holding at-fault parties accountable for their actions and obtaining justice on behalf of your loved one.
Our lawyers accept cases nationwide. Contact us today at (855) 812-1100 for a free case evaluation.