After being in a motor vehicle accident, you certainly do not have to be convinced about the severity of your injuries. But the reality is that insurance adjusters and the liable party are going to approach your claim with an ample helping of skepticism. One way to strengthen your case and fight for full compensation is to show that your injury is common in car accidents.
Many car accident injury reports include:
- Spinal cord damage: The spine is an incredibly sensitive part of our bodies that is difficult to protect or reinforce in the event of a collision. Spinal cord damage is prevalent in rear-end collisions, as well as a crash that flips the vehicle.
- Traumatic brain damage: T-bone collisions frequently result in traumatic brain damage as people on the side of impact are thrown against their doors or windows. Head-on collisions that cause severe rocking may also cause concussions.
- Whiplash: When someone’s neck is whipped back and forth, it causes a painful, lingering injury known as whiplash. Car accidents of all sorts may cause whiplash due to the sudden inertial shift from traveling fast to a complete stop.
- Disfigurement: Shattered glass and jagged metal may be sent flying in high-speed collisions, causing lacerations and scarring. People who experience disfigurement may not suffer intense physical injuries but report emotional side effects from their permanent change in appearance, such as depression or a weakened self-image.
- Fractures: Bone and joint breaks are a common car accident injury that requires immediate medical attention and rehabilitative treatment. Ensuring that a fracture heals properly is key, or else the problem could lead to a lifelong debilitation or disability.
Have you suffered any of the aforementioned injuries in a car accident that was not your fault? Perhaps you have another injury that is not as common and now you need to prove that it stems from a recent car accident?
Either way, our Corpus Christi personal injury attorneys from Brunkenhoefer, P.C. can help you develop your case and file your claim. With 70+ years of combined legal experience under our belts, we can help you seek fair compensation in any case.